Monday 7 May 2018

WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU BUSH KANAKA MERI??

Last week, I was sitting in a Public Motor Vehicle or PMV in Lae when a woman came on board with a small boy of 2 years old. He was crying loudly.

The mother threw him up the steps and he cried more. Then she threw him into a front seat and he banged his head and cried more. Then she sat down and started slapping him in the face. All the passengers were watching in horror.

I said to her in Tok Pisin in a loud voice “ What do you think you are doing you stupid bush kanaka meri. The boy was crying and you made him cry more. You should be hugging him not slapping him.”

She glared at me as if she was going to eat me. Then she held the boy to her and talked to him. She wanted to pay my bus fare but I had paid. On the way out the passengers smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

White men can be useful. That was the first violence I had seen on PNG public transport in 8 years. That is the truth Powes Parkop and David Conn.

But then perhaps there should be a fleet of Pikinini Seif buses in Port Moresby for small children bashed by their mothers. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment