Sunday 9 September 2018

DIAGNOSED PROSTATE CANCER

Over the last decade, I suffered strange symptoms of frequently wanting to urinate particularly at night. I also had pain in my lower back and numb toes and feet.

I put it down to two serious accidents in the last 12 years. I fell down a cliff while trekking the Kokoda Track and then fell down a deep drain at night in Waigani a suburb of Port Moresby. Both times, I damaged my lower back and I suspect my sciatic nerves to my toes.

But I started to suspect that I may be suffering from prostate cancer. I told my know-all sister in Brisbane of my fears about 7 years ago and she told me that I was only playing mind games with the family. I put her words in the back of my mind and forgot my problem. Let her remember now.

But now the reality has emerged with an antigen test at the medical clinic in Lae. My fears were accurate. I am 72 years old and suffering from prostate cancer.

I am not afraid of dying but fear that I will die before my two PNG daughters are happily married and qualified in business studies and involved in business. Then there are my three grand sons aged 4, 2 and 1.

As well there was my Personal Development course and Positive Living program that must not be allowed to die.

I saw myself dying soon with the problem of urinating every 20 minutes or so. But my elder daughter brought me a report on prostate cancer from Google. Please click:

What are Prostate Cancer Symptoms and Signs? Prostate Cancer ...
https://www.pcf.org/...prostate-cancer/...prostate-cancer/prostate-cancer-signs...



If you've recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, you may be asking yourself if 
there were warning signs or symptoms you should have noticed

The report was very long with myriads of questions on the symptoms of the cancer. It brought me a great sense of relief.

It said that prostate cancer took up to 15 years to develop and that most men do not die of the disease as the result of advances in chemotherapy. It means that I will probably see my grandchildren into adolescence and my daughters into happy marriages and study.

It was interesting for me to note that I was not suffering from at least 40% of symptoms which puts me in a relatively early stage.

Most important of all is that I will probably continue with my Positive Living message and lifestyle for several years yet. Let the foreign paedophiles know that their joy is a little premature. And my family is as strong as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment