Tuesday 14 August 2018

LIFTING FAMILY TO THE NEXT LEVEL

I look at my family over the last century and see a definite lift in prosperity generation by generation. The last blog report below referred to lifting family to the next level.

My grandparents on my father’s side were in poverty in the early century. My grandfather contracted tuberculosis in the army training for overseas in 1916.

He died in 1925 leaving the family destitute with some of them TB infected. All boys became unskilled labourers.

My father was a drover of cattle in outback Queensland from the age of 11 years. Shooting rabbits for food made him a marksman in the army.

He became a soldier and served in the Middle East and New Guinea. After the war, he married my mother who was a clerk. She lifted the family and had six children. They raised their children to the next level.

I was the eldest and completed high school, passing on to be a teacher graduating from Queensland University with a Bachelor of Arts and post graduate degree in Education.

My elder sister passed from High School and graduated as a kindergarten teacher. My younger sister did the same.

I married a teacher and had four children. There are 8 university degrees in my family. I have two degrees, My wife had two degrees.

My elder daughter graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Science and a degree in dental science.

My son is a senior officer in the Australian army and a lawyer. Next daughter has a degree in Education from the Catholic University in Ballarat.

My last son has a degree in law. My children raised the family to the next level. I am proud of them.

Now I live in Papua New Guinea with two daughters who left school at secondary level. Both have children and wish to go on with their study after being side-tracked.

I am working on both going to International Training Institute (ITI) to pursue a diploma in business studies to start. I want to raise my PNG family to the next level.

It is all about parents and children lifting the family to the next level. I am getting old and hope to see my PNG daughters and grand-sons lift to the next level before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment