Sunday 14 March 2021

COVID 19 AND PLAYING CARDS

My daughter has a school friend who has visited our home and seems to want to stay. Her favourite pastime is to go at night to play cards at G Block in North Waigani. There are usually about 30 card players sitting in a tight circle with no social distancing or masks.

I have talked cross to her and to the card players about the dangers of infection with COVID 19. If one player is infected there will be immediate infection of 30 other people. They can be infected from close proximity and the virus on cards and money.

But these stupid people do not listen. I am told that they do not believe in COVID 19 and think that it is a Government hoax. They say that people are confused with malaria.

What happens if this stupid woman comes home with the virus and stays at my house. Do we all live in self-isolation with an infected person? Reports in the paper advise that hospitals are full. 

This woman will infect my family. With my back-log of pre-existing infections, I will be the first in my family to die. Who will look after them then?

She will leave soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment