Sunday 17 January 2021

RAPED BY MY FATHER

The National 18 January 2021 Letter to the editor

I am sick and tired of reading news about sexual assaults in families. Daughters and sisters are part of your blood. They deserve respect, love and care.

Instead of looking after them, you rape, assault, abuse. reject, threaten and let our women and girls live hopeless lives.

I heard of a victim of such actions who said. " I do not know what I will say when my 2 year old daughter asks me who my father is".

The daddy is my father. who raped me on 5 occasions when I was in grade 12 and threatened me not to talk. So I kept secret until I was pregnant and gave birth to my baby.

If you are a father to a daughter, please respect her and love her and create for her a better place to live. Do not sexually abuse your daughter.

Do not make her suffer for the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment