Monday 25 November 2019

ALZHEIMERS AND POSITIVE LIVING

A report on ABC TV advises that Alzheimers Disease is increasing among the aged population. It may be that the aged people are living longer. But it is also a matter of lifestyle - a lack of Positive Living.

People become susceptible to Alzheimers with age, obesity, lack of exercise, lack of fruit and vegetables, smoking, depression, hopelessness, lack of loving friendships and intellectual activity.

I am 73 years old and do not feel that I am susceptible to Alzheimers. I walk everywhere, eat fruit and vegetables, exercise my mind with daily entries on this website and read the newspapers. I remember major issues going back for centuries.

I recall history of the world and the importance of intellectual recall of world events, value friendships and care for my children in Papua New Guinea.  I am a teacher with photographic memory. I recall all the Latin roots I learned in primary school. 

The hate campaign on Positive Living has kept me intellectually strong. The foreign paedophiles have surely found out to their horror that I forget nothing year by year, aided by my hate file of incoming emails.

I do forget words but have always been like that. I am terrible at memorizing cards in poker. Some people suffer from Alzheimers at early age but I know little of the causes.

The body retains fitness. I trekked Kokoda Track 14 times in the last 9 years. That was to pay my daughters' fees to international school.  I wish I could do it again but do not want to push my luck.

President Trump is the same age as me. I am sure he is too busy to be afflicted by Alzheimer's Disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment