Sunday 23 February 2020

BLOOD SUGAR TEST AND POSITIVE LIVING

Last week, I slipped on the road and had a nasty gash on my leg that did not heal. The wound became larger over several days. I was afraid that I may have diabetes 2 where sores take a long time to heal.

I went to the clinic and was given a blood sugar test. My finger was sanitized and a small puncture made. A device had a short funnel that was inserted in the drop of blood as large as a quarter of a pin head.

The device registered 5.7 that the nurse said was normal. Any reading from 3 to 7 was normal so she said.

I was given an injection in the butt and a dose of Amoxicillin. The sore is drying.

I was still worried about diabetes 2. I allow myself to slip with a bottle of Coca Cola or fruit juice at regular intervals.

But I eat well with fruit and vegetables and drink a lot of clean water. I avoid fatty meat from lambs and pigs. 

Lamb flaps are imported from New Zealand for the PNG blackfellas to eat. Shame. 

Do Maoris and indigenous Australians eat fatty lamb flaps? These are most likely meat from old sheep with 95% fat and 5% meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment