Wednesday 2 December 2020

LULLABY BY COMMAND

Last night I was standing outside talking to friends when my elder daughter came out and told me I was wanted inside. 

My younger 4 year old grandson was sitting up defiantly in bed refusing to sleep until his grand-father sang his lullaby.

I only sing one lullaby For you are beautiful and I have loved you dearly. I sang each night to my little boy Jonathan who died of AIDS in 2002. Now I now sing to my grand-sons in remembrance.

I started singing and the little boy threw his head on the pillow and was asleep in 30 seconds. I was about to leave when my first 6 year old grand-son arrived and commanded me to keep singing.

He was asleep in another 30 seconds. This lullaby has a very calming effect on 3 little boys. 

I bet the two little grandsons remember this song when they are 75 years old as I did with the lullabies sung to me by my father all those years ago.

My father was a champion boxer in the 9th Division in World War 2. But he sang lullabies like an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment