Wednesday 16 December 2020

RADIO ADVERTISEMENTS BY RHYTHM PHONICS

I came back to Papua New Guinea in 1993 after two years at the Joint Services College at Igam Barracks in 1975-1977. 

I was a a teacher of several subjects but a key focus was on Written and Spoken English.

I then left Education and started a training company. One of my sources of income lay in writing radio and TV advertisements. Over the time, I led the field in advertisements in rhythm phonics.

The more memorable was an advertisement for So-clean detergent that stayed on the radio for over 10 years three times a day. There would be many radio listeners who still remember.

Down in the valley

where no stranger goes,

there lived a fine family

with spotless bright clothes.

The clans all around

would come just to stare

so sure that magic

was going on there.

It really is magic

the woman would say

It's So Clean detergent

the new cleaner way.

It's 30% stronger 

to make my clothes bright.

My coloureds are so coloured

My whites are so white

My family looks So Clean 

every day.

But soon after that I stopped writing advertisements when two family members were diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. I was not infected. 

So I started writing advertisements on HIV/AIDS. We had the care message right 19 years ago while the AusAID scumbags were still talking about condoms and spreading fake news. 

They said we were claiming Positive Living to be a cure. Read the poem below for the facts of 19 years ago. The nation was only 3 years from free availability of antiretroviral (ARV) medication.

If you find 

that you 

have HIV/AIDS

do not fear 

how your future

now stands.

There still 

is no cure

But you can 

be sure

that your life 

can remain 

in your hands.

Be at peace 

in your soul

and as the years roll

good food 

will help you 

to stay.

Do not smoke 

or drink beer

Do not eat 

fatty food

Eat fruit 

and greens 

every day

Take care 

with your diet

to keep up 

the fight

and stay 

in good health 

every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment