Sunday 4 February 2018

A SECOND THREAT TO ARREST AND DEPORT

About 2 months ago, my younger daughter Lisa and her cousin sister went to apply for a job at a well known Lae hotel.

But they only stayed less than 3 weeks as they were very unhappy at the way they were being treated by the senior domestic staff. 

The cousin was mixed race Filipino but still left after a week because of being treated badly by senior female workers who would not teach her the job so she said. Perhaps they feared that being part-Filipino she would be promoted and able to speak the language. So she had to go.

My daughter was accosted by one woman and told to stop doing something. In the middle of explaining her reason, she was grabbed by the throat with fingernail tears across her windpipe. It took over two weeks to heal.

I wrote a letter to the manager who did not address the issue. So I put a report on this blog. I was told through other people that I had damaged the name of the hotel and would be sued for K10,000, arrested and deported.

Nothing has happened but another report was sent yesterday by the female supervisor with or without the knowledge of the manager that the CID would be arresting me this afternoon as a criminal. 

I am being intimidated and bullied. Can management not control their female workers?

No not a criminal. I was just an angry dad. If guests make complaint on social media, are they threatened with arrest and deportation?

On behalf of my daughter, I would seek damages of K15,000 for unwarranted assault on a young girl two weeks on the job. She and her cousin never went back as they feel intimidated and afraid of the senior women. 

I am being intimidated and harassed by the management and senior female staff of this hotel. I want to forget the incident but the threat of arrest and deportation continues.

I will report again if police come to the house to arrest me. I will be advised by cell phone and will come to the internet shop to inform the community.

If the worst happened and the founder of AIDS Holistics were pushed on an aircraft to Australia by the CID with no Court order and without his daughters and grandchildren, the stink of betrayal will hang around for years.

Perhaps the hotel could make a donation to AIDS awareness.  All will be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment