Thursday 6 March 2014

AIDS VICTIMS KILLED BY SORCERY?

Last week there was joy in my house. One family member had gone to a health clinic in town and met Grace. So the reports that she was dead were false. 
 
It was a week later that the women in the family went to the clinic to find Grace. They enquired at the counter to be told that Grace had no entry on her card since last November.

The family members visited the home of members of Grace's family that was not far away. They were told that Grace had died last November. Her family said that she had died of sorcery. This can involve poison in food or on clothes hanging on the clothes line.

My daughters were told that we should not blame ourselves. She had gone to the village with her AIDS infection and was killed by poison.

But she had TB not AIDS !! The family said she would have died anyway even if she stayed with us. Sorcery knows no boundaries.

It turned out that my daughter had seen Grace's cousin at a distance at the health clinic. She was tall and beautiful like Grace.

We do know that the house stealers had spread the word that I was HIV positive and an AIDS carrier. This was to remove me from the house they planned to steal. I am HIV negative. Please click:
They first removed Grace. There is a good chance that they informed Grace's father and other family members that she was HIV positive as infected by her husband. The word would have spread to the people of Kemabolo. AIDS and TB are very close diseases.

It does raise the question of whether or not AIDS victims are killed by family members or members of the village.

This is a vicious extension of stigma and discrimination. No wonder people want to keep their infection secret and move away from the village.

In the week after Grace was taken by her father, she sent me a text that said "Darling, my hands and feet are going numb. I think I am dying". It may have been poison from sorcery.

I texted back but the message never went through. She died a month later. This did not sound like tuberculosis. I have not moved on yet.

Daily Hit Tally: 144, 786


ব্লগ দর্শকদের মধ্যে সবচেয়ে জনপ্রিয় দেশের গ্রাফ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment