Wednesday 21 October 2015

VIOLENCE AT JMART PORT MORESBY

Yesterday I was at JMart at Erima a suburb of Port Moresby having something to eat in their food shop when I noticed a loud noise at the door of the store.

I walked over to see a young man on the floor being punched and kicked by thug security guards. The boy was bleeding around the head from punches and kicks.

I stepped forward and stood over him. I faced the first security guard and told him to back off. He tried to ignore me and go back to punching the boy.

He was accused by the thug securities of stealing. His plastic bag was on the floor with a bottle smashed and two bars of soap. Grand theft.

I found a receipt in the bag but the security guards were too busy trying to beat the boy. I stood him up and he swore at the security guards and they wanted to bash him again for swearing.

I told them that if they laid a hand on him, I would break their faces. They did not touch him with violence but pushed him to the back of the store. Being a white man has its advantages.

They wanted to take him through to the warehouse area to shut the door and bash him again. The receipt made him a customer. I followed and pushed through the back door.

I told them not to touch him. By then the management arrived. One was a little fat Chinese man with a face of a pig.

He screamed at me to mind my business. He wanted the boy to be bashed by his thug employees.

He said I was a racist and he would have me put in prison. He claimed to be a PNG citizen. Perhaps a check of passport and visa might be in order.

I took the boy to the back gate and told them to open. We stepped out to the footpath and walked around to the front area. The man with the pig face screamed to bring him back inside.

The boy said he was Chimbu-Heganofi mix and lived up the top of Kanage Street.

The trouble with the security guards at JMart is that they are criminals who think their job is to take people out the back, shut the big door and bash them. They worked for the store and were guards from The Corps.

This is the second time I have stopped a bashing at JMart. It is all the same. Take the boy out the back, lock the door and bash him. The customers will never hear the screams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment