Sunday 14 January 2018

FORGIVING THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US

We know the Lord’s prayer and we ask forgiveness as we forgive those who trespass against us. The Bible tells us to forgive others if we are to be forgiven by God.


How do we seek forgiveness? If we divorce, does our plea for forgiveness involve going back to our first marriage? That can be  a fatal move for some people facing family violence.

Can we seek forgiveness but do nothing to rectify our sin? Or can we just go on with a commitment not to repeat our sin? Or do we sin every day we live in adultery with another person?

I deeply regret leaving my Australian family and miss my children daily though the eldest is approaching 50 years of age. But I can never leave my family in Papua New Guinea. Two wrongs do not make a right.

My PNG daughters need me and depend on my modest income to survive. My Australian children do not need me and should say so if they do.

I am almost 72 years old and need my Australian children. The time has long gone that I have to look after them. They are all adults able to look after themselves. 

Murderers and rapists cannot undo their crimes that are irreversible. The TV program 60 minutes recently reported on two young women whose fathers were in prison for murder. One was a killer of two small girls. His daughter will never forgive him for stopping two young lives.

I have seriously attacked Australian gays, lesbians and paedophiles for their anti-family and anti-faith campaign in Papua New Guinea. They have no concern for God as He is seen as a fantasy.

People tell me that I have to forgive Australian paedophiles !! It is not my right to do that. Let them be forgiven by God and the PNG community. If forgiven, they will laugh and go back to sex with children. There is a time to forgive and a time to fight.

How would the Australian soldiers have suffered if they forgave the Japanese soldiers moving down the Kokoda Track and killing enemy on the way? The war cemetery would be full of forgiving Australians.

There may be a time to forgive at the end of the war. War is a killing time for soldiers with many ready to give their lives.

A recent newspaper report by Rev Seik Pitoi of the United Church in Port Moresby asked the question of whether or not gay is Godly.  Many people would immediately brand him as a homophobic bigot. But it is more than that if we accept the word of God.

He refers to gay churches, gay pastors and gay congregations. If homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God, are same sex couples eternally dammed? What if the couple is strongly loyal and loving and attends church?

Am I eternally dammed for leaving my Australian family? I often think of my marriage when the song comes on the radio “ We don’t talk any more”.

We are told in Scripture not to judge lest we be judged. But we must judge that child molesting and serial killing is a crime against God and humanity. It is to be condemned and never forgiven particularly among serial molesters and killers.

We have to do our best to ensure that our children are safe from paedophile molesters. There has been a strong paedophile agenda put out in the PNG national HIV/AIDS response.

But at last there is a paradigm shift away from blaming men. Even the UNDP is promoting a He-for-She campaign. The only reminder of the fake anti-man campaign in this country are the meri-seif buses in Port Moresby. 

If I stay in PNG, does this mean that I have not repented? Perhaps God understands me and my Australian family better than I do. God has protected me for over 25 years in this country and strengthened my faith. But I still worry.

I have been speaking out on paedophile attacks on families in PNG. I can never walk away from that commitment. At least the present focus is now on family.

On the TVWAN news on Wednesday there was a report that the Government is to meet with churches to discuss the gay and lesbian lifestyle together with transgender and intersex. No mention was made of paedophiles who are the wolves in sheep's clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment