Sunday 2 February 2014

NOT A HEART ATTACK AFTER ALL

With the loss of Grace in the last three months, I have started to suffer deep chest pains that seemed to be a series of heart attacks. As soon as I was stressed, a deep pain would well up from my upper abdomen. Please click:
 
 
The pain did not seem to come from the heart. I worked out that it may have been from the gastric juices burning my oesophagus. It took a visit to the private hospital to show that I was suffering from gastric reflux or heart burn.
 
When ever I became stressed, the burning would start. My only worry today is that there is still gentle ache in my upper arms which is a symptom of heart attack.
 
I now discover that there are simple rules I have to follow. I do not take acidic food or drink which includes Coca Cola and coffee.
 
I took the antacid tablets Mylanta for the first two weeks as prescribed on the packet. A need longer than that indicates deeper trouble.
 
My problem was that after Grace left, I was no longer eating regularly. So I ate and drank whenever I wanted to. I usually had take away food and not the fruit and vegetables I used to bring home daily.
 
So I have gone back to eating regularly so as not to confuse my gastric juices.  My body was confusing stress with food on the way down my oesophagus.
 
There would be a squirt of gastric juices into my stomach but no food. The burning would start and move up to my throat.


ব্লগ দর্শকদের মধ্যে সবচেয়ে জনপ্রিয় দেশের গ্রাফ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment