Thursday 21 June 2018

PEACE TO I GAT HOP

For over a decade now I have been angry at the violence, corruption and anti-family messages of I Gat Hop. 

This was an organization set up after the PLWHA resident thugs were kicked out of 3 Angels Care when one of the so-called husbands bashed a door down with an axe.

The thugs were Momo, Elaripe and Marabe. With eviction from 3 Angels Care and sacking from UNDP, they were without money. So I Gat Hop was formed to enable the thugs to obtain funding from international donors then to be stolen.

I have never forgotten the violence to me as caretaker of 3 Angels Care and attempted murder as a child molester at the hands of the three thugs. My children were abused.

They thought the owner Joe Lari was weak and able to have his care centre stolen from him while he prayed to Jesus. They did not count on my arrival as caretaker who was not able to be intimidated despite gross violence.

Now we read the words of the president Janet Sangaropa on the work of I gat Hop. My immediate response was negative. But I read yesterday that she is HIV positive. But then so were the thugs.

She talks to the media of the plans to raise the level of clinical care for people suffering and dying from AIDS. Perhaps she should be given space to achieve this. I ask her to make clear the I Gat Hop support for families and parents. Then we can let peace prevail.

We ask I Gat Hop president Sangopa to focus media statements on the importance of family. There should be emphasis on the onset of dementia with AIDS people not on antiretroviral (ARV) medication. 

They come to suffer brain damage, hallucinations, delusions, memory loss, weight loss and death. Spread the word,  I Gat Hop. They are PLWHA.

We ask for Kapul Champions to clarify their plans for LGBT young men, women and children. Are these young people to be alienated from family?

No comments:

Post a Comment