Tuesday 12 June 2012

SOMETHING NEW IN MY LIFE


My daughters and I have just moved into a new apartment. It has three bedrooms with two on the top floor.

I have spent my life believing what I see. But this house is haunted.

At night, I walk around the house in the dark. But when I go into the second bedroom, all the hairs on my body stand up straight in waves. I see nothing.

Neighbours have finally told me that there was a woman die in the house some time before.

I have tried to think of a dozen reasons why my hairs would stand straight but I can not think of one reason.

Perhaps it was electro-magnetism coming from....the banana tree?

The lady who looks after my house says she has seen the spirit in the laundry.

She talks kindly to her and tells her we mean her no harm. Do I have to do that too?

All the security guards say they have heard footsteps upstairs when the house was empty and locked.

This is the second time I have experienced this. We lived in a two bed room apartment on the other side of town some years ago.

Again my hairs would stand in waves every time I entered the second upstairs bedroom.

Hairs would subside in waves when I went out through the bedroom door.

If there are spirits, what does that mean about reality? Does that mean we live in some form after death? What does that mean about faith? Is this an evil force?

I understand that we gain input from our senses of smell, taste, touch, heat, balance, hearing and sight.

But how can my hairs stand in goose bumps from something that does not register on any of my senses?

I do not know it is there. It is impinging on me.

I have raised the matter with PNG friends and they think it is quite natural.

I do not want the kids to be afraid. If they are not, we will stay out of sheer curiosity on my part.

But I do tire of walking in the house with prickling legs, arms and scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment