Thursday 16 June 2011

LOOK AFTER YOUR KIDNEYS

We must never forget that all plants and living creatures on the planet are comprised of water and salts. The balance between the two must remain constant. We have all had an experience with the water/salt balance with the plants in our garden. If we put too much salts on a plant in the form of fertilizer, the plant will dehydrate and die.

When we are sick, we have to take special care of our water-salt balance. When recently in hospital, the doctors advised that my kidneys were going dry. That could be fatal. So I was given an almost permanent drip of water and salts. The doctors monitored the output of urine.

If at home, we have to take care of our water intake. If sick, we may not want to drink water. That could be fatal. Perhaps we drink fruit juice. In recent nights I have been horrified to find that my urine output has dropped and I felt pain in my kidneys. That is a sure danger sign. I forced myself to drink several cups of water. I do that daily.

People lost at sea suffer dehydration. They face the danger of damage to kidneys and death. Other silly people do not drink water but only beer, tea and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment