Wednesday 4 July 2012

FOR YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

My little son died of AIDS at the age of 2 1/2 years in 2002. He was a good looking little boy who did not have a chance.

His bottom looked like a crumpled handkerchief as he lost weight. He did not have the strength to walk and had to be carried everywhere.

Antiretroviral drugs were not freely available and I could not afford the cost.

He was looked after by his mother who loved him dearly.

At night he would sleep with me in a separate bed. I would sing him to sleep by the same songs every night.

I would sing lullabies that my father sang to all his children. Jonathan would soon be asleep.

My favourite and the song that my son loved was sung by Roger Whittaker " For you are beautiful and I have loved you dearly more dearly than the spoken word can tell".

Then my darling son died in May 2002. He would be 11 years old today if he had lived.

He was buried at Malati in a family plot on the way to Bereina on the coast of Papua.

I took his small coffin in my arms as I stood at the grave site and sang the Roger Whittaker song softly.

It was now Linda's turn to die. She was 18 months from death.

About three months later. I was at home while Linda did washing under the house. There was a loud cry she made followed by wailing.

I rushed downstairs to find Linda holding the radio to her breast with tears in her eyes.

She was listening for the first time on radio to the song by Roger Whittaker "For I have loved you dearly more dearly than the spoken word can tell".

I did not go to the funeral as a lesbian activist had told the family that Linda was being abused.

Linda was taken away by the family after a visit by this lesbian activist.

She infiltrated our family to destroy the Positive Living message. Please click:

NO FORGIVENESS FOR CRUEL ACTIVISTS

LESBIAN ACTIVIST AT WORK

I love you Jonathan. I love my kids in Australia too.

No comments:

Post a Comment