Wednesday 20 August 2014

NO EVICTION WITHOUT COURT ORDER

There is massive corruption in the public housing sector of Papua New Guinea. The problem is that since independence, the tenants are becoming old men and women. The neighbours have already marked out that they will take the house when the old man or woman dies. 

Or they may drive the person out to make sure that no sons and daughters take over the house. So there are potentially thousands of house stealers in the capital city ready to take what they claim is rightfully theirs.

If any other person lives at the house in the meantime, they have to be intimidated and evicted. I have found that this has happened to me. I have stayed in an old man's house and paid his rent and all his bills. That made me the enemy of the neighbours.

I was evicted by rogue housing officers bribed by the neighbours supported by police. There was no Court Order. It was just a fake letter and eviction. We are waiting on a Court Order that should come in the next week. We will move back. The old man has been evicted too. He is afraid of being killed.

I have fear that I will be killed in the street to make sure that my family does not stay. The worst enemy of any person living in a housing commission home is undoubtedly the next door neighbour.

There will be corrupt housing officers who expect to become millionaires over the years to come as the old tenants die.

I am expecting to find that a door has already been cut in the wall adjoining the two units. The house stealers already have a block of flats built at the back. It helps to be corrupt and have an aunty who is the CEO of housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment