Monday 20 January 2014

STARTING TO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF

Who says there is no perfect murder? Just live in Papua New Guinea and kill a chronically sick person. Then blame the carer.
 
It was not my plan but I have looked after two women who died in the last 10 years. Their course to death was identical at the hands of vicious and foolish people.
 
Linda died of AIDS with our son Jonathan in 2002. I cared for her over three years of increasing hell of dementia and violence. She would not let me tell the family being afraid her sisters-in-law would spread the story far and wide.
 
Against better judgment, I kept the secret not realizing that as she lost weight, I would be blamed by her family. This was the opportunity for AusAID lesbian advisor Cox to tell Linda's family that the Positive Living message was fake and she was being abused.
 
The family took Linda away and did not let me see her again. She was sent to Madang with the plan to seek another white man. But she died of AIDS six months later.
 
I was not allowed to attend her funeral at the risk of violence. Only 3 years ago, the family invited me to the headstone ceremony but I declined to go. Pain was still deep.
 
Linda's death was inevitable. This was not the era of free ARV drugs and she lived for 11 1/2 years after infection by my calculation. I came on the scene at the 8 year point.
 
She said she was HIV negative after giving blood at her work place but the Blood Bank did not advise of her HIV status.
 
Twelve years later, I met Grace whom I loved dearly. But two months into our relationship I found her cough was TB.
 
Eight months later after loving care and treatment at a private hospital, she was taken from me by her father without her medication. She died 5 weeks later.
 
I was not advised of her death and did not attend her funeral at Kemabolo village. It was because two scumbag house stealers claimed later to have been reporting to her family that she was being bashed. They wanted to remove us from the house they planned to steal.
 
Her foolish father was a senior police officer and accepted the word of the house stealers without checking. He took her away to her death.
 
Linda's death was inevitable. She was ill before the issue of free ARV drugs. Grace did not have to die but stay on her TB treatment to the end without smoking.

At the risk of being bashed again, I took 3 months supply of TB medicine to her family house at Bomana. I was treated rudely. It may be that she was never given the drugs. Strange people. They may have allowed her to smoke. That will show the white man.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment