Friday 9 January 2015

PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY AND OLD AGE

For several years now I have suffered a tingling and stinging sensation in my toes that has increased in severity over the years. I have thought it may have been gout or diabetes 2. Please click:

    www.mayoclinic.org/diseases.../peripheral-neuropathy/.../con-20019948
    Symptoms - ‎Treatments and drugs - ‎Causes - ‎Hypothyroidism Peripheral neuropathya result of damage to your peripheral nerves, often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet. It can also .


  1. I opened Google to find that peripheral neuropathy can have many causes including stress, diabetes, traumatic injury, gout, HIV/AIDS, shingles and many others. 
  2. I always believed that my pain started with a long fall on the Kokoda Track some 8 years ago that injured my back and a fall down a deep drain in Port Moresby last year. I was tested for blood sugar last year and told the reading was 6 and normal. So it was not diabetes 2. Please click:
  3. Peripheral neuropathy and HIV disease - Project Inform

    www.projectinform.org/pdf/pn.pdf
  4. Recently I met a kindly gentleman from the United States at the Holiday Inn who told me over a cup of tea that this was peripheral neuropathy that had also afflicted him. He was 81 years old going on 60 and suffered stinging up to his calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment