Wednesday 11 January 2012

MY DAUGHTERS LOOOVE FACEBOOK

Several months ago, I bought my 14 and 13 year old daughters a mobile phone each. My intention was to give them experience with the outside world. That certainly was achieved but not in ways I had completely foreseen. Please click:
MY DAUGHTERS HAVE FACEBOOK

The problem was that Facebook became the focus of their lives. Study suffered as they spent hours and hours staring at the screen of their mobile phone, pressing little fairy buttons and asking their father for credits.
A group of girl friends would meet at this house. The next two hours would be devoted by each to staring at Facebook on their respective mobile phones and giggling at odd intervals.
Occasionally a mobile phone would be passed around with more giggling. Ah, the art of conversation replaced by the art of giggling.
I knew what was happening. They were receiving messages and sending responses to boys across the world, many of whom were men pretending to be boys studying for grade 10 next year.
Both daughters had posted photos which were usually very sweet and showed them to be young ladies with a sense of style, fashion and good taste.
A few slipped through the eagle eye of their dad that showed them to be a little too old to be 14 and 13 years old.
But they were innocent young girls who were impressed by the photos in magazines and movies of how young girls are to look sexy.
They will be that soon enough but their common sense has to grow a little more before they do.
We have to see Facebook in the same light as we see young girls with mobile phones. Girls can use the phones to attract men. But Facebook adds a photo and gives access to millions. It has a multiplier effect.
Recently an email came from my sister in Australia telling me in no uncertain terms that she had been through the Facebook account of my daughters and was shocked.
She said that I had spent so much of my attention on the paedophile campaign that I did not see them coming up on my blind side.
Both girls were not discriminating in what they said to incoming comment and what they accepted from men who may have been international scumbags.
They had no idea that they could well have been talking to a 45 year old paedophile from downtown New York not a 17 year old boy from Port Moresby. They did not understand the sexual double-talk of foreign men.
My sister berated me for not keeping watch on the Facebook entries of my daughters. Guilty. It got out of control.
But I do trust both of my daughters. Facebook is a game that would never consume them, I hope.
But it may leave them vulnerable in this town. They have not experienced at first hand that all men are not sweet darlings like their dad.
I have talked to the parents of my daughters’ girl friends who say they have had the same problem. But they have taken the phones away.
There have been reports from the US that parents have to get a Court order to have access to their children’s mobile phone and email. Only in the USA.

Obama bans daughters from Facebook - because he doesn't want ...

17 Dec 2011 – He relied heavily on social media to get him elected in 2008. But
Barack Obama has admitted he has banned his daughters from using ...

I wish the President would also protect the American kids going to school in Massachusetts. It is amazing that Boston Massachusetts has been the home to Catholic paedophile priests and gay, lesbian and paedophile teachers.

The President should make sure that he is not depriving his daughters of their rights of association as set down in the UN Charter of Rights by the UN gay and lesbian employees. 

Keep parents' rights strong, Mr President. The gays, lesbians and paedophiles will claim that children have the right to associate with any scumbag on Facebook. But I digress.

My daughters have gone off for three weeks holiday with the lady next door and her children. They lived in a village on the Papuan coast. Both have lost or damaged their mobile phones. The younger dropped her phone in the sea whilke taking a photograph. Prayers do get answered.
The problem too is summed up in the old song “ How ya gunna keep ‘em down on the farm now that they’ve seen Facebook”.

No comments:

Post a Comment