Wednesday 3 August 2016

A CHOICE OF GOOD OR EVIL

A letter to my daughters Rachael (19 years) and Lisa (18 years)

You have been my daughters all your lives. You were given to me by a violent woman before she left us. I have not loved you any less but protected and cared for you.

Rachael, you have two lovely sons whose father was Jeffrey Nape. You love them dearly as your father loves you and your sister. 

I have protected you from the evil of a man who bought you Rachael from a trafficker. You recall Susan and Bobby? He may have bought your sister in the same deal. The K5000 he paid does not mean that he owned you. You were stolen from your father.

Rachael, you have beautiful sons. The eldest will grow to be a handsome young man. How are you going to react in years to come if your young teenage son is sold by a child trafficker to a paedophile man who claims your son as his wife. He will have his anus violated every night.

Will you fight for him as your father has fought for you? Your father was too sick to fight successfully for you but he has stopped a paedophile from stealing your little sister.

You have to know the difference between good and evil. Your father has conducted himself with love and honour in protection of you two girls. The action of Nape has been dead evil. 

He was a dead loss as a son-in-law. I saw him rather as an enemy to the family. He gave me no support whatever but expected to be given your little sister as reward for any help. He was corrupt. He spent time in prison for fraud. He claimed that as an accountant he could steal public money without leaving a trace. 

How would you have responded if he had pushed your little sister into your life as his second wife? I know how you felt about your little sister. You were not always happy with her as the big sister.

He said he wanted to marry you in a church. Would he have married two sisters in church? That would be bigamy.

At the funeral I told you that you did not know how much I have suffered over the last 7 years. You responded that I do not understand how much you have suffered too. 


We all went to Kundiawa with the coffin and there you told me to go back to Lae by public transport. You did not need me and I was very upset. But I know that you were protecting your dad.

I felt so sorry for you at having to sit at the front of every speech for hour on end with your baby. You were 19 years old. That is why I accepted that your little sister stayed with you to look after your elder son. But now she has to come back to Busu High School to complete the last term of grade 10.

You and I have protected each other in so many ways over the years. I remember when you and your sister confronted a woman at 5 mile who had bashed me with a piece of wood. I was care-taking the house that she stayed in. You dragged her down the stairs on her arse and bashed her. My teenage daughters were a pair of highlands fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment