Sunday 25 September 2011

MASTERY LEARNING OF TOK PISIN PATTERN

Outcome: Mastery Learning of the "I gat" form of Tok Pisin

This is a picture exercise from the Tok Pisin classes at the RAAF School of Languages in Melbourne. It is a Mastery Learning sequence to drill the usage of the structure "I gat...i stap" which means "There is" "There are", "Is there? or "Are there?""

Picture a church. It has 3 windows on the side. There are 3 windows on the other side. There is a wooden cross on the roof. There are two birds on the roof. There are 3 trees in the yard. There is a man under the church reading a Bible. There is a utility outside. There are many people in the back.

Dispela em i haus.

Em i wanem kain haus?

Em i haus lotu.

Yumi mekim wanem long hia?

Yumi lotu.

I gat hamas windo i stap long sait?

I gat tripela windo i stap.

I gat hamas windo i stap long hapsait?

I gat tripela windo i stap.

I gat hamas diwai kros i stap?

I gat wanpela diwai kros i stap.

I gat wanpela tasol a?

Yes. Em tasol.

I gat hamas pisin i stap long ruf?

I gat 2pela pisin i stap long ruf.

I gat hamas diwai i stap?

I gat 3 pela diwai i stap.

I gat hamas man i stap aninit long sios?

I gat wanpela man i stap.

Em i mekim wanem?

Em i ritim Baibel i stap.

I gat wanem kain ka i stap?

Em i kain ka ol i kolim utility.

I gat hamas wil i stap long fron?

I gat tupela wil i stap long fron.

I gat hamas wil i stap long baksait?

I gat tupela wil i stap long baksait.

I gat hamas wil i stap olgeta?

I gat 4pela wil i stap olgeta.

I gat hamas manmeri i stap long baksait?

I gat planti manmeri i stap.

By the time the teacher has drilled this pattern 5 times in the first week, two times in the second week and one time in the remaining weeks, the outcome is mastery of the pattern. It will not be forgotten by students who have an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment