Wednesday 28 September 2011

MASTERY LEARNING BY PARALLEL STRUCTURES

Exercises for the lower grades.

These exercises all have parallel structures. As part of Mastery Learning design, teachers need to write such a sequence of exercises to give practice to students.

I went home.
I did my work.

I went home and did my work.

I watched the football match.
I cheered for my team.

I watched the football and cheered for my team.

I bought apples.
I bought oranges.
I bought bananas.

I bought apples, oranges and bananas.

I went inside.
I shut the door.
I sat down.

I went inside, shut the door and sat down.

He helped the teachers.
He built a classroom.
He bought library books.

He helped the teachers, built a classroom and bought library books.
He helped the teachers by building a classroom and buying library books.

I walked to town.
I bought school books.
I came home by PMV.

I walked to town, bought school books and came home by PMV.

He opened his eyes.
He smiled.
He went back to sleep.

He opened his eyes, smiled and went back to sleep.
Opening his eyes, he smiled and went back to sleep.

I cleaned my uniform.
I did my homework.
I went to the river.

I cleaned my uniform, did my homework and went to the river.

He talked to the students.
He asked many questions.
He wrote down our names.
He promised to come back.

He talked to the students, asked many questions, wrote down our
names and promised to come back.

The exercises are designed to encourage students not to write baby talk with an "I", "He" or "She" at the start of every sentence. There are hundreds of parallel exercises that can be developed in English, Science and Mathematics.

FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING - AIDS HOLISTICS: WRITE SWEET ENGLISH
29 Jun 2011 ... WRITE SWEET ENGLISH ..... and stop the baby talk. In Papua
New Guinea schools, .... Posted by HIV/AIDS: FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING at 18:55 ...
familypositiveliving.blogspot.com/2011/06/write-sweet-english.html
3 Sep 2011 ... The family Positive Living message is a world message based on family love
and caring. It has become the message of the churches. ...
familypositiveliving.blogspot.com/.../structure-of-sweet-english.html
23 Aug 2011 ... I teach the students to write what I call Sweet English.
FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING - AIDS HOLISTICS: WRITE SWEET ENGLISH.
 29 Jun 2011 . ...familypositiveliving.blogspot.com/.../practise-english-on-
our-blog.html - Cached - Similar

No comments:

Post a Comment