Tuesday 20 September 2011

MASTERY LEARNING OF TOK PISIN

The Tok Pisin course at the RAAF School of Languages was strictly Mastery Learning. Learning the patterns was step by step through 40 pages of 15 patterns. That is 600 patterns in 4 weeks of training.

The patterns proceeded with patterns repeated and only change of words. Or the patterns repeated and slowly changed. Within each exercise was the basis of the next pattern and the next. Students mastered quite quickly.

UNIT 1

I go.
I go to town.
I go into the house.
I go up the mountain.
I go over there.
I go right over there.
I go with you.
I go to town with him.
I go as far as the river.
I walk to the river.
I walk with my mother.
I walk to town.
I walk as far as Lae.
I walk on and on as far as Lae.
He goes with me.
He goes as far as Lae with the woman.
She stays at the house.

UNIT 2

Who stays?
Who stays at the house?
Who stays up the mountain?
Who stays over there?
My mother is over there.
She is with my father.
Is she with him?
I am with him.
I am with my father and mother.
Will you come?
I will come.
I will come in the morning.
I will go up the mountain.
He will come with me.

UNIT 3

Do not come.
Do not go into the house.
Do not go up the mountain in the morning.
Do not go with the women.
Do not come into the house with them.
I forgot to go.
I forgot to go with the boss.
Did you forget to go with him?
I forgot to go with them.
Who forgot?
I will forget.
I am with the men at the house.
Are you with the men?
Where are they.
They are at the river.
They went for a wash at the river.
Did they go boozing there?

UNIT 4

I went for a wash at the river.
She went working in the garden.
Where did she go?
She went over there.
She is over there.
Who is over there?
My mother is there with my sister.
Did you see her?
Where did you see her?
I saw her near the river.
She was not with me.
Whom was she with?
She was with my father.
Where did he go?

UNIT 5

He went as far as town.
He stayed until 6.00pm.
When did he come?
When did he open the door?
He opened the door at lunch time.
He went into the house.
He stayed at the house with me.
Will you stay?
The man is over there.
The men came with us.
Do not come with them.
Do not open the door.
Is it open?
Do not damage the engine.
Is it damaged?
It is slightly damaged.
It is only slightly damaged.

and 35 more pages of patterns.

Every pattern leads on from other patterns. Every daily pattern revised the patterns from the day before. By the time the 40 pages of patterns have been completed, the Tok Pisin structure had been consolidated and revised many times. This is classical Mastery Learning.

Then there was the oral chanting of patterns. This too was Mastery Learning that consolidated all written skills. It was mastery of the weak-strong-weak-strong rhythm of Tok Pisin.

FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING - AIDS HOLISTICS: TOK PISIN TREE (1)
24 Aug 2011 ... Tok Pisin Tree (64 patterns) I found that learning Tok Pisin by
myself was very...Posted by HIV/AIDS: FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING at 23:55 ...
familypositiveliving.blogspot.com/2011/08/tok-pisin-tree-1_24.html

- Cached - Similar

FAMILY POSITIVE LIVING - AIDS HOLISTICS: TOK PISIN TREE (2)
23 Aug 2011 ... Now let us play with patterns from the Tok Pisin Tree. .... The
family Positive Living message is a world message based on family love and ...
familypositiveliving.blogspot.com/2011/08/tok-pisin-tree-2.html

- Cached - Similar

No comments:

Post a Comment